- In Europe, 40% of energy consumption is used for heating or cooling of the buildings
- Buildings use 50% of resources and yield 38% of CO2 emissions together with 60% of waste
- People spend 90% of their time indoors
- In Europe. 30% of existent homes are considered unhealthy in terms of indoor climate. In Romania, the percentage is unfortunately even higher
Currently, the construction sector has a strong and often negative impact on:
- Environment (waste, CO2, etc).
- Global climate
- Resources (energy, material, financial)
- The social environment, through its impact on construction labor
In this context, it is critical to define and follow sustainable building requirements and regulations at the European and national level.